Understanding about Metallica's steel kitchens
Here are a few of the BENEFITS chusing Metallica steel Kitchen:
- The inherent strength of metal and a combination of the benefits listed on this page mean that a steel Kitchen will far exceed the life expectancy of a standard wooden carcass kitchens in semi-commercial environments.
- The polyester powder coated steel is impervious to water. No more swollen chipboard or rotting MDF.
- The metal is fire resistant and the powder coat finish formulated so that no toxic fumes are emitted in the case of fire.
- Unlike wooden/chipboard cabinets the Steelplan Kitchen carcass does not contain any material that may sustain, harbour or encourage insects or bacteria.
- The powder coated finish means that the units can be kept to an extremely high level of cleanliness and hygiene at all times. Essential when used in health locations
- It looks great! The hidden steel backbone is dressed up with a choice of doors to produce whatever look and feel you want.
- For it's strength & durability. The metal kitchen carcass ensures a metal kitchen will last many times longer than a traditional wooden kitchen in a demanding semi-commercial environment
- Metallica Kitchens that operate between private domestic dwellings and full blown professional catering kitchens. Examples are shown in the gallery section of this website: Schools, Police, Fire & Ambulance Stations, Care Homes & Community buildings, places of worship, student accommodation, hospitals and offices to name but a few.
- Metallica Kitchen cabinets are made entirely from 1 to 1.2 mm Galvanised Iron (GI) Steel. This highly durable carcass is the backbone to the product. It is not only extremely strong, but also impervious to fire & water and does not harbour insects
- Metalica Kitchens secret is in the life cycle cost savings. An independent study* has proven that as the kitchen continues to work year after year, the cost of replacing wooden kitchens that fail along the way starts to dwarf any small difference between the initial capital cost of steel and wood.
- With the durability assured you then choose from our magnificent range of doors with a colour to suit your needs. A quick browse through this website will show that the strength also comes with great aesthetics
- You could want in the kitchen environment. Starting with a free of charge design & consultancy service through to items such as worktops & splashbacks through to appliances.
Have a specific industry not listed here? Start building your custom laboratory or contact our expert designers for more information.
SPECIFICATIONS OF OUR METAL KITCHENS
- Manufactured in 18 - 20 gauge (1 to 1.2mm) thick zinc coated steel
- All components receive an anti-corrosion pre treatment.
- Coated in polyester powder and ovened
- Drawer assemblies mounted on heavy duty robust fully metal runners.
- Sink base units have a reduced back panel to allow access for water and waste to sinks.
- All hinges, legs, mounting brackets and other= components are industry standard parts for ease and familiarity during installation.