Food Analytical Laboratory Furniture
Every world class hi-tech food testing laboratory accredited by National Accreditation Board for Testing and Calibration Laboratories under ISO/IEC 17025:2017 and one of the FSSAI Referral Laboratory in India.
Food testing laboratory is one of its kind and unique in serving the food industries, research institutes and other stake holders in areas of food processing.
Food Testing Laboratory (FTL) is equipped to analyse the Physico-chemical characteristics of Food materials including raw materials and finished products.
Wide range of High-throughput equipment to analyse Nutritional composition, Functional group analysis, Fatty acid profile, Phytochemical screening, Amino acid analysis, Pesticide residue screening, Micro & Macro nutrient analysis and Toxin analysis in various food matrices, Milk & milk products, Oil, Water, Beverages, Confectioneries, Fruits and Vegetables.
The samples are analysed with the standard protocols like AOAC, AOCS, AACC and BIS standards.The food testing industry works closely with manufacturers to ensure that all products are scientifically tested and proved to be safe for human consumption at a variety of stages, from raw material to production line, to finished product. Most commonly, a set of scientific techniques are used to analyse, assess and record the safety and viability of a product in terms of chemical composition and microbiological stability.
Food Testing Laboratory supports regulatory analysis of food and agro products, assists the food industry commissions for;
- Nutritional labelling,
- Food safety evaluations,
- Trace analysis
- Shelf life studies
Food products such as; pulses & cereal foods, confectionery, meat& meat products, milk & milk products, Oil, Fruits & Vegetables, Beverages, Spices, Water processed food products and Pharmaceutical Products etc.,
The following different qualities in food samples can be analysed in our food testing laboratory:
- Proximal analysis by AOAC standard protocol
- Water and fat soluble vitamins , food additives, mycotoxins, amino acidsprofile by HPLC
- Determination of secondary metabolites, pesticide residues and antibiotic residues analysis by GC-MS and LC-MS/MS.
- Element analysis in water and foods by using ICP-OES and ICP-MS and
- Microbiological services.
Undergraduate, Postgraduate and Ph.D. students fromdifferent institutions are permitted to do their research work in labs.
Training on equipments like LC-MS/MS, GC-MS/MS, HPLC, ICP-OES, ICP-MS and Quality analysis of food products
Setting up of quality testing laboratory in
- modern rice mill
- modern rice oil industries
- food industries
- mineral water analysis
- fruit processing industries
Analytical instruments and equipment include:
- UV spectrophotometer
- Water activity meter
- Water Analyser
- Gas Chromatography(GC)
- Gas Chromatography Mass Spectrophotometer (GC-MS/MS)
- Liquid Chromatography Mass Spectrophotometer (LC-MS/MS)
- High Pressure LiquidChromatography (HPLC)
- Amino acid analyser
- Preparative HPLC
- Ion Chromatography (IC)
- Inductively CoupledPlasma Optical Emission Spectrometry (ICP-OES)
- Inductively CoupledPlasma Mass Spectrometry (ICP-MS)
Nuclear Magnetic Resonance (NMR) spectroscopy